HCG is excited to announce that we have brought on Mike Hogan as the Director of Building Systems to manage our current load of building systems and grow this component of our company. He brings 35+ years’ experience in conventional and pre-engineered steel and components. His role in summary will include for all types of building systems, pre-engineered, conventional, misc steel, claddings etc:
- Managing the design software “RBS” for bidding and design purposes
- Manage the process from program to design and architectural, MEP and structural coordination/review
- Review conventional vs. building systems to confirm we are accurate and competitive
- Shop drawing review
- Inventory and shipment management
- Confirm all orders are accurate
- Parts and replacements
- Insulation and components management
- Manage panel systems and shop drawings
- Miscellaneous steel sourcing
- Manufacturer communications and QA/QC
- Erector scopes of work and negotiations and QA/QC
- Sources, respond and bid furnish and erect proposals across the country (when we are not the GC)
- Keeping Robertson, NCI and Metal Span on their toes and providing us competitive pricing vs the competition
After graduating from Indiana State, Mike began working as part of the management group for one of the largest Design Build contractors in North America. This allowed him to be part of projects ranging from manufacturing plants, Warehouses, Micro Electronics Centers to Nuclear power plants.
As the Director of Building Systems, Mike will push himself, as well as the HCG Team to provide high quality, excellent service and an overall satisfying experience for our customers and their partners. He will be housed in the Indy office but will be traveling to all offices and job sites regularly to support where needed.
In his free time, Mike enjoys spending time with his family, which includes his wife, two daughters, a son, step son, son-in-law and three grandsons, enjoying activities such as boating and hiking. He has also enjoyed coaching youth sports for the past 40 years.