HCG was a proud sponsor and event participant at the 2018 Good Life Awards, which took place Friday, December 14 at Sand Creek Country Club in Chesterton, IN. The event recognizes individuals and non-profit organizations who do their part to enrich Northwest Indiana and make the people who live, work and visit the region proud.
The event is hosted by Ideas in Motion Media, which was founded by Chris Mahlmann, who hand-picks the individual winners of the Good Life Awards based on their efforts to contribute to the good that is all around the area. This year's winners included:
- Ken Elwood, owner at Rhame, Elwood & McClure: Attorneys at Law, who has served Portage through countless board positions, as a coach, and through serving as the Chief of the public defender's office in Porter County
- Jerry Davich, columnist for the Post Tribune newspaper, radio host at Lakeshore Public Radio - 89.1 FM, and writer for Northwest Indiana Business Quarterly
- Kevin Kosek, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development for Regional Federal Credit Union
- Kyle Granat, a former Ideas in Motion Media employee
- Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr., and
- John Seibert, director of the Valpo Parks department
In addition to the individual awards and honorees, those attending the event were given the opportunity to vote for up to five non-profit organizations from among the 16 eligible. The votes narrowed the list of 16 down to three winners, who will receive a free partner membership to the Life networks, which includes a full year-long marketing campaign to drive their message and campaign. The non-profit winners were:
- Hannah's Hope, and
- Girls on the Run
HCG is happy to be a partner organization of Ideas in Motion Media and the Life sites, whose mission is to offer a 100% positive platform to engage share support for everything good happening throughout the community.